This position will focus on disease management education as well as demonstrate therapies/interventions. We provide a Clinical Service. We are not a DME, and we do not deliver equipment. The essential duties of this position require the Respiratory therapist to be self-motivated and able to successfully support the member with a goal of overall improvement of quality of life, as well as a reduction of hospital readmissions. Our staff advocates for the members needs identified and supports them to eliminate gaps in care. Patient satisfaction and well-being are top priorities at Eventa and our Respiratory Therapists should demonstrate this principle. All services are provided by prescription of a physician to patients inside their home.
This is achieved through evaluation of the members overall condition, supporting their needs as well as education on their disease process. one-on-one sessions. In the patient’s home, the Respiratory Therapist will cover topics such as Medication Adherence & Management, Recognizing Signs of an Exacerbation, Staying Active, Nutrition, Compliance with equipment prescribed, appropriateness of care, etc.
This job requires employee to maintain a valid driver’s license and ongoing auto insurance.
Eventa’s respiratory therapist will be expected to:
- Maintain an understanding of the subject matter as set forth during training.
- Implement Eventa’s Mission Statement.
- Consult with patient’s physician regarding patient’s health and wellbeing when additional therapies or interventions may be needed.
- Consult with physician in an event of an adverse reaction to therapies introduced.
- Monitor patient’s physiological responses to therapy and testing procedures through patient’s vital signs, physiological signs and symptoms.
- Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to patients and other health care personnel.
- Graduate of an Accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Licensed in Tennessee/In good standing
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- CPR Certified
- Current Driver’s License with Dependable Transportation
- Proficiency in the use of smart-phone device
- Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Microsoft word, Etc.